xmlns:og='http://ogp.me/ns#'> One Such Child: "Call me when you get a chance..."

Friday, February 10, 2017

"Call me when you get a chance..."


Yesterday morning, before work, Nathan and I had a bit of a…(*ahem*)...difference of opinion about driveway courtesy and spouse vehicle use. If you have a single car driveway that causes one car to be blocked in behind another, and your spouse takes your car for an early morning meeting and you have to meet with the VP of your workplace at a certain time 55 miles away and your spouse makes you run late...you know exactly what kind of difference of opinion I’m talking about.

After arriving a little past on-time for a meeting, I believed that I had finally regulated my blood pressure when I received a text from Nathan at about 10:30:

“Call me when you get a chance. 3 quick things.”

When I called him, this is how the conversation unfolded:

Nathan: Hey, I just wanted to say I’m sorry about this morning. My bad on that. Hope you weren't too late.
Kameron: Thank you, I appreciate that.

Nathan: And also, you said that you needed bread flour from the store, right? I can pick that up. What brand?
Kameron: Gold Medal.
Nathan: Now is it self-rising or bread flour? Because I get those confused.
Kameron: Bread. Flour. It’s bread flour.

Nathan: Okay, I wrote that down. Last quick thing and then I’ll let you go. Remember last night when you said that you hope you never hear the word “maybe” again because we say it so often right now? Maybe tomorrow, maybe tomorrow? Well, you don’t have to throw that word away, because……….we just got our approval letter this morning.
Kameron: Stop. Seriously?! Stop. Tell me you aren't kidding...Seriously?! Are you serious?! What?! Oh my God...I love you so much! Ahhhhhh!!!

So that, friends, is how receiving our approval letter made me forget all about single driveway transgressions.



This is the document we have waited and prayed for, for 17 months. Based upon recent trends, we should have a court date between five - eight weeks from now.

God is so good. We are so, so thankful.

THANK YOU ALL for every small or big expression of support and prayer.

This is your approval letter, too. 


Please continue to pray for all 5 of us during this journey.
In God's Grace,Kameron, Nathan, J. Henry, Amelia and Little Girl

No comments:

Post a Comment